Location: TX/NY/NJ/FL(remote till covid)
• Experience with planning, building, implementing, administering, and maintaining on High Availability (HA) Setup of Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC) database on Oracle 19c/20c RDBMS, Grid infrastructure (GI), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Data Guard and applying patches of GI and Oracle 19c RDBMS software binaries on Unix/Linux environments.
• Experience in Oracle multitenant architecture, Container database, DB hot clones, PDB refresh, relocation, plug/unplug and PDB level failover capability with Data Guard Broker.
• Strong Working knowledge in performance analysis, tuning, ensures optimal database performance through exhaustive pre-service testing and ongoing real-time monitoring using Oracle Enterprise manager, SQL Tuning advisor, AWR, ADDM, ASH and other tools & techniques.
• Experience with Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting and find a quicker resolution.
• Experience with Software Products: Oracle 19c, RMAN, Oracle Data Guard (Physical and Active), Golden Gate, Partitioning, Advanced Security, OEM 13c, Exadata with Extreme Flash Storage including patching/upgrade/Provisioning/monitoring.
• Experience Automated Software Provisioning, Deployment and patching thru OEM and fleet management.
• Experience with PostgreSQL 12.x/11.x, and MongoDB
• Experience with Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, OEL), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.
• Experience with Hardware environments: Exadata, AWS, HP, SUN, DELL.
• Experience with programming Language(s): SQL, UNIX and Shell Scripting.
• Experience with GoldenGate and numerous cutting Edge technologies.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies: RDS, Postgres Aurora. Expert migrating databases to Cloud.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Solve complex problems, performance issues, and come up with innovative solutions.
• Proven teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
• Proven problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
• Nice to have Certification on OCP DBA, Postgres and AWS
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
• Bachelor’s degree and 6-10 yrs or more years of relevant work experience.
• Experience administering Oracle 19c/12c RAC databases and PostgreSQL (including AWS Aurora)
• Extensive working experience on Oracle Exadata config manage & patching, Gateway server scheduling, ZDLRA backup and ZFS Storage Appliances.
• Experience on Strong UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
• Strong GoldenGate Experience
• Extensive Experience on Troubleshooting & Problem solving in critical situation including quicker resolution on Performance resolution
Verizon Networks Systems IT Organization maintains all database systems. Database Engineering team is responsible to manage all aspects of DBA roles – CIO – Data/Technical Architect, planning and designing cost effective, highly available, and scalable systems; devising, implementing, and maintaining Backup, Archive, and Recovery strategies; monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning database systems for performance; and analyzing system demand and ensuring capacity. This position is a Sr DBA in a centralized database administration team, which provides 7×24 support in dev/test/prod environments. You’ll be mainly responsible for maintaining highly visible production databases.
• Plan, design, and build high performance database systems in the Network Systems. Partner with application teams to support databases for over 200 applications, many of them considered critical, complex, multi-terabyte OLTP database systems.
• Design next generation storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database appliances
• Uphold enterprise data security policy guidelines and recommend new/improved guidelines include SOX, other authorities.
• Partner with project teams and interact with application teams and technology vendors to customize/find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
• Perform pro-active capacity planning, recommend and implement solutions to provide scalability, availability, security, stability, and performance
• Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data and high transaction rates.
• Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance.
• Participating in an active on-call rotation.
• Providing off hours support to avoid impacting database availability during normal business hours.
• Keeping up-to-date of new features and technical trends within the industry and being able to successfully communicate and apply those with application counterparts.